Thursday, June 11, 2009

what in the world is going on?

I'm getting fustrated. This past week I have been doing at least 15 minutes of DDR, but usually 30-45 AND going to the gym, lifting weights and doing 30 of cardio. I also have been counting calories and eating 1500 the days I don't work out and 1800 the days I do. Still, the scale is not budging. I'm starting to think it is inaccurate as it claims I weigh something different each time I step on it (which has been about five time a day as of late), but just when I'm thinking that is it, I go to the doctor for a sinus infection. I knew there would be a weigh in. It said I was 139. What! If I subtract shoes and stuff, but still it always says 139 there.

here is the thing though, I have this grommet belt that I have had since highschool. When I was 120 I would wear it the 7th grommet in. In college I was usually the 6th grommet in and over the past two years it got as far as being the 4th grommet in. Latley, I can get it on the 6th grommet, but its not comfortable enough to wear, but almost. This seems like I am losing weight. Also, I feel like my clothes, or most notably the shirt I am wearing today fits better. So am I losing weight or aren't I? Don't tell me its muscle, you don't put it on that fast. Okay, I know a good indicator. My polka dot dress. I was able to wear it in the summer of 07, but not valentines of 08. Let's see if it fits cause I think I'm back to my summer of 07 size.

So, the dress fits, but I really had to try to zip it up. There definitley wasn't any room. I remember before I couldn't even get it half way zipped up. That counts for something, right? I tried on another dress and I looked pregnant, so no, not back to summer of 07 size yet, but I'm close..... but it does look like I've lost 1/2 inch in my waist in the past month.

I dunno, I have become obessed with the scale. Maybe I should put it away until the end of June and not obessess over it anymore. Does a number matter or does an indicator matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment