Wednesday, May 27, 2009

going back

It is really hard to go back to the gym when you haven't been there in a week in a half. Last week I had the flu and so I couldn't go. On Sunday I went on a really prissy hike for like an hour and a half. Monday I had to do things and the gym closed early and Jonathan and I wanted to have a picnic, so we went to the lochs and I was tired by the end from walking about. Today, I was tired, I didn't want to go. I went though, and I went a little light on the intensity of cardio, but I did a full 30 minutes.

Another kink in the hose is that I am getting laid off June 19th. I have interviews, jobs to look for, a move to make, final papers to write, camp to plan and church stuff to do. The 'I'm too busy to go to the gym' mentality is starting to happen. Hopefully I'll forgo sleep and play rather than the gym. Also, going shopping for interview clothes didn't make me feel like I had made any progress, but maybe its just cause I got back down to a few pounds lighter than I was at Western which was the last time I had a huge shopping spree. Just reminds me that I still have more to go, and I'm not sure I'll get there.

1 comment:

  1. It is very hard getting back in a routine once you have broken it, but you can do it. I have to make myself get up a little earlier so I can do my workout, but I have decided it is a choice I want to make. My doctor told me yesterday the 3 keys to losing weight are, becoming more active, consitently, drinking lots of water and getting enough sleep, so don't cut back too much on your sleepy time. I need you to poke me once in awhile to keep me honest.

    ReplyDelete